This course with give you the skills and knowledge to harness the power of OneNote to organize both your personal and professional lives. Learn how to utilize and expand upon OneNote’s practical uses and enhanced features to your advantage.
This course will start by teaching you to navigate OneNote's screens and tab/ribbons. Once you are comfortable with navigating OneNote, we'll move into working with the wide range of features and functions -
- OneNote Screen Overview
- Screen Basics
- Contextual Tabs
- Key Tips
- Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Commands/Features to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Removing Commands/Features from the Quick Access Toolbar
- Changing the Order of Commands on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Moving the Quick Access Toolbar
- Resetting the Quick Access Toolbar
- Working with Notebooks
- Creating Notebooks
- Closing Notebooks
- Opening Notebooks
- Working with Pages and Subpages
- Adding Pages
- Deleting Pages
- Moving Pages
- Creating Subpages
- Expanding and Collapsing Subpages
- Working with Sections and Section Groups
- Creating Sections
- Creating Section Groups
- Moving Sections to a Section Group
- Rearranging Sections
- Working with Page Content
- Taking Notes
- Typing Notes
- Hand Writing Notes
- Recording Audio or Video Notes
- Taking Linked Notes
- Inserting Notes from the Web
- Inserting Pictures
- Attaching Files and Inserting Printouts
- Working with Content
- Merging Containers
- Highlighting Notes (Typed Text and Objects)
- Using Bullets and Numbering
- Extracting Text from Pictures and File Printouts
- Creating Links
- Creating Links to Documents and Directories
- Creating Links to Web Pages
- Creating Links to Other OneNote Pages
- Editing Links
- Tagging Notes
- Searching Notes
- Turning on Audio and Video Searching
- Printing and Exporting
- Printing Pages
- Exporting Notes as PDF Files
- Sharing Notebooks
- Sharing Notebooks via Invite
- Removing Users from Shared Notebooks
- Creating Shared Links
- Removing Shared Access
- Additional Information
- Quick Notes
- Creating Quick Notes While Using OneNote
- Creating Quick Notes Without Opening OneNote
- Utilizing OneNote in Conjunction with Outlook
- Creating To Do Lists
- Creating OneNote To Do List
- Creating Outlook Tasks from OneNote Items
- Marking Tasks as Complete
- Managing Outlook Meeting Details
- Sending Notes via Email
Step-by-step instructions for the features taught are included with the resources.
I have over 20 years of experience training within the law firm environment. I have trained attorneys and staff on software including Office 2003 - 2013, iManage (document management) and Nuance PDF Converter Professional.
I enjoy helping people learn new software and walking them through solving problems or questions they may have using features. I get great satisfaction in seeing someone's confidence level grow as they continue working with new software.
Bachelor of Science Degree - Computer Sciences & Business Administration
University of Wisconsin - Platteville, Platteville, WI
MCT: Microsoft Certified Trainer
MSOMS: Microsoft Office 2013 Master Specialist
MSOE: Microsoft Word 2013 Expert
MSOS: Microsoft Excel 2013
MSOS: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Introduction to Utilizing OneNote 2016
after you enroll
after you enroll
Functions and Features
after you enroll
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
This course is not open for enrollment.